Muc Vu Vietnam was officially registered as a non-profit Christian organization in 2014, but its root started back in 2005 with the Plano Baptist church in Texas.
In 2005, the Plano Baptist church and many local pastors in the DFW metroplex prayed together and sent Missionary Thoi to Malaysia to witness to the Vietnamese workers. Since his arrival [in Malaysia], Mr. Thoi has partnered with the local Chinese church to reach out to the local Vietnamese, and organized Worship and Bible study groups. The fruits of the work came abudantly over the years as we saw thousands have put faith in Christ and many young workers decided to serve God fulltime.
Our milestones during the years in service:
- September 26, 2005, Missionary Thoi arrived Malaysia and began the mission.
- October 2010, the first group of trainees graduated from our programs and began to serve in the mission: three young couples, who had been led to God through the mission, decided to give their lives to serving God. They were prayed for by the local pastors and missionaries.
- Christmas 2010, the first visit to the Malaysia mission by DFW churches: a group of people from local churches in the DFW went to Malaysia for a visit and to support the mission. They witnessed hundreds of people accepted Christ.
- In 2011, a graduated leader officially began serving with the mission in Malaysia: God's work has grown tremendously and demands for additional help.
- August 2013, a graduated leader accepted fulltime position to serve in Vietnam.
- December 2013, a group from Garland baptist church visited the mission: pastor Nguyen Tan Duong and Garland Baptist church members came to visit and support the mission during Christmas. They witnessed couple hundred people accepted Christ.
- January 2014, Muc Vu Vietnam was officially registered in the State of Texas and with IRS as a non-profit organization.